Saturday, September 21, 2013

Grandmas Curio

 My husbands Grandma Loraine has been sending me family heirlooms/dishes and I needed to have a "safe" place to display them. And I say safe because living with boys....yeah they are a little rough sometimes. So I have been looking for an older/antique Curio Cabinet for quite sometime. And I didn't want to spend a fortune on one either. 

Look at this beauty, Knights of Columbus Garage Sale find for only $15!!!!!! I know, I know why paint it because it is pretty flawless. But I can't just leave things alone. LOL 




I removed the door and took out the secretary slots so it was an open shelf.






 These crystal dishes were his grandmothers GREAT aunts. And so that puts them around 200 or more years old. How completely special and honored I feel to have these beautiful heirlooms.


These engraved pewter goblets were a wedding gift from my mother in law. And the milk dish is also from grandma. Just beautiful!



A while back we were putting together a scrap book for my in laws and I discovered this picture. This is James with his mom, and grandmother when he was a little guy. I LOVE this picture, it is my absolute favorite! The love they have for each other was captured here. And it just really spoke to me. 


I am soo very grateful to have such amazing in-laws. They have welcomed my boys and I into their family with open arms from day one. After losing my dad, I felt like I was out there raising my boys in this big ol world alone. 
 So there isn't a day that goes by that I don't thank "someone" up there for giving us this truly wonderful and amazing loving  family. 

Shared at:

7 comments:

  1. Super gorgeous! And wow, you sure did get luckyfor $15!! I'm so jealous! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW!! I am totally in love with it!! Thanks for checking it out Denise!!

      Delete
  2. LOVE this! (the cabinet and your awesome hubby and his family :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Kristine!!! I am so thankful truly thankful.

      Delete
  3. You are very lucky to have married into a family that has become your own. I bet they feel equally blessed to have you and the boys enriching their lives.

    You did a nice job on the re-do here, and you got it for a great bargain. The items on display are awesome too.

    Thank you for linking to Super Sunday Sync.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You for coming over and taking the time to come over!! And Im glad you like it!

      Delete
  4. Sorry Rhonda I must have missed your comment. Darn it. I will be sure to visit ya this week. Thanks for checking Grandmas Curio out!

    ReplyDelete