Saturday, September 28, 2013

Tin Surprize

I was asked to make something to donate for another silent action fundraiser. And I honestly didn't know what I could redo or make. The rest of the auction items were all sports related to the Creighton Blue Jays and Nebraska Cornhuskers. 

Soo..... DING IDEA!

I had some galvanized tin from this old chicken coop..

 and thought that would make a cool sign to hang in a garage, bedroom, or game room. I mean, I would totally buy one! Something different that you can't buy at a sports store, ya know.




I got the tin cut to size and screwed some old deck spindles I had laying around.


They are kind of big in size. 
Almost 3 ft by 2-1/2 ft.



Then I hand painted the logos! I decided to sand it a little since the tin was pretty rustic.



I don't know about you but I totally dig em!



Here are a few more people have asked me to make for them!! One all the way from North Carolina!!! 









So question is....do you think they are as cool as I do?

Let me know if anyone is interested in one! Email me!!!
I have gotten orders from North Carolina, South Dakota, and now Texas! It will take me about 2 weeks total to recieve it! 
Great Gift Idea!


You can also check out what else I have done with this Rustic Tin
>>CLICK HERE<<



Shared on:
Well Crafted Wednesdays

26 comments:

  1. I think they're awesome! :) I would totally hang one in the mancave (currently the garage until we buy a house with a basement.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can make ya one, just email me!! minettesmaze@gmail.com! Thanks for checkin em out!

      Delete
  2. Very cool!! Caught my eye to learn more about what this was. Good luck at getting great donations at the auction!! I bet you will get a bit for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I can make ya a custom order.....email me at minettesmaze@gmail.com! Thanks for checkin em out!

      Delete
  4. Those are really cool, you could sell lots of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicki, I was thinking the same thing!

      Delete
  5. Yes, they are very cool indeed! found your post on Upcycle It community board. New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great!!! I actually just made a sign on the same kind of tin for our family room and I loved how easy it was to make it look a little weathered because the paint doesn't want to stick to the raised ridges...I love the sports theme, great idea!

    Stopping by from the Home Work party, Dawn from I Think We Could Be Friends.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so Adore these signs Shelly!.... They are Divine I am so crushing on the texture of the tin and the weathered rust, makes it all that much more appealing! Sweet upcycle job my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brenda!! I can make custom ones ya know. Email me minettesmaze.blogspot.com

      Delete
  8. I totally love these! I paint signs, too but I have never thought to use tin - what a fantastic idea - and they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Hey thanks Victoria!! I am soo glad you love it!! Pass the word on! And thanks for checking it out!

      Delete
  10. These are awesome!!!! I am searching Craigslist next for pieces of old tin! Thank you so much for sharing at Redoux. So clever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have made quite a few for people! Even a couple orders from South Dakota and North Carolina! Thanks for checking them out!!!

      Delete
  11. I think you hit the nail on the head with this one, so to speak! Great idea ;-)

    ReplyDelete