Saturday, December 28, 2013

John Deere Room

Boys John Deere Room






I am a contributor over at This Silly Girls Life! And this was my first article/project I shared over there. What a cool gig HUH!

So here is my first project I shared, my nephew's John Deere Room! I had been dieing to share it!

His uncle custom built the bed. And then it was my job to do the painting! 




So this is how the bed arrived! Raw fresh cut and ready for me to paint! I did however sand it down pretty good, and of course painted on a good primer. And that is especially important because this wood is "raw", no sealer or poly of any kind. Straight from the lumber yard! And if I didn't, the wood would just soak in the color paint.

I chose Valspar paint and primer in one for this project. And that's because I know this bed is gonna have to take a lot of ware and tare over time. And it's just my opinion that Valspar is just a nice paint to work with and durable. Which is what this particular project needed.





The front of the tractor is actually a toybox!                                   
Here is his metal pedal tractor that is an exact replica of his Papa's tractor! Definitely one of his favorites!
I found this little handmade sign at a craft fair. And I know it's really all a matter of opinion as to what "name/color" is the best. But, I have learned from my brother in law that some farmers take that pretty darn serious! Which I think is funny! Who'd of thunk it! LOL




And of course ya have to have some John Deere signs on the wall!

I have to share with you all the tin I painted for my brother in law's garage! I think little man needs one in his room, but I can't decide exactly what I should paint on it. Ideas??


You can find more of these tins in other themes, click there>>> Tin-Surprize





8 comments:

  1. You did an amazing job! Your nephew's room is just adorable. I bet he's in heaven. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is! Thanks for stopping by and checking it out!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Nicki!! It is retty dang cool I must say!

      Delete
  3. This is crazy cool. thanks so much for sharing! http://www.handmadeintheheartland.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great room. Thank you for sharing. http://handmadewarratahstree.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete